Celebrating Valentine’s Day In Canary Wharf
The day of love and romance is around the corner, and it’s time to start planning how you’re going to celebrate Valentine’s in Canary Wharf with your someone special. Find all the date ideas you need right here.
What’s On In Canary Wharf For Valentine’s Day
Canary Wharf’s restaurants, shops, places of entertainment, and other venues are offering all sorts of things to do in London on Valentine’s Day. Here are a few of our top picks.
- Watch a movie at Everyman Cinema: Treat your beloved to a romantic movie at Everyman Cinema Canary Wharf. This year’s Valentine’s pick is the classic Pretty Woman, starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. You can forget about popcorn, as you can have delicious burgers, pizza, and sundaes brought to your comfortable seats. Lower Mall -2, Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf.
- Go ice skating together: The large, covered ice rink’s season ends on 25 February, so why not go ice skating together? It’s a fun-filled way to work up an appetite before going out for a candlelit dinner at one of the Estate’s excellent restaurants. Canada Square Park, Canary Wharf.
- Attend the Barry White Valentine Special by Shenton Dixon at Boisdale: Enjoy an intimate candlelit dinner and performances of Barry White’s most romantic music by Shenton Dixon at Boisdale of Canary Wharf. 15 Cabot Square, Canary Wharf.
Get Ready for Valentine’s Day at Canary Wharf
- Get the trim: Get spruced up for date night at one of Canary Wharf’s salons. For the men, head to Ted’s Grooming Room or Adam Grooming Atelier for a sharp haircut and beard tidy up. For the women, head to Jon Hala, seanhanna or Toni&Guy for fresh colour and a show-stopping blow dry.
- Get a special Valentine’s Day manicure: Head to London Grace for a special Valentine’s Day manicure. Try their new ‘Valentine’ shade polish, or have one of their skilled nail artists create a heart themed nail design.
- Get a fresh new fit: Pair your fresh trim with a new outfit. Head into one of Canary Wharf’s five shopping malls and browse the rails of your favourite fashion brands, from The Kooples and GANT, to Zara and Polo Ralph Lauren.
- Pick up the perfect gift for your loved one: You don’t want to turn up to your date empty handed! We’ve put together our Valentine’s gift guide to provide much needed inspiration. Check it out here.
Canary Wharf Venues To Take Your Significant Other To For Valentine’s Day
Looking for cute, romantic, or fun date ideas in London for Valentine’s Day? Take your significant other to these fantastic Canary Wharf venues.
- Play fairground games at Fairgame: Inject a ton of fun into your Valentine’s Day date by playing old-school fairground-style games with a modern technological twist at Fairgame. You’ll find Whac-A-Mole, Roll-A-Ball Derby, and others, as well as a bar and some of London’s finest street food vendors. 25-35 Fisherman’s Walk, Canary Wharf.
- Get competitive at Electric Shuffle: Get competitive with your date playing the classic game of shuffleboard but with a modern twist. But Valentine’s Day doesn’t just have to be about the couples. Get a group of friends and celebrate being single with a team competition, pizza sharing boards and cocktails aplenty!
- Be pampered together at Third Space Spa: Let the professional therapists at Third Space Spa pamper you and your partner with massages, manicures, pedicures, and a host of other beauty, health, and wellness treatments. Upper Level 2, 16-19 Canada Square, Canary Wharf.
Canary Wharf restaurants for a Romantic Valentine’s Dinner
- M Restaurant: With riverside views and a special six-course Valentine’s Day wagyu menu, an evening at M Canary Wharf is definitely going to impress your date. To make it a more intimate occasion, you’ll be seated in your own private booth with a complimentary bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne.
- Emilia’s Crafted Pasta: Nothing says date night like tucking into authentic Italian pasta and antipasti in a bustling trattoria style restaurant. Order pastas such as pistachio and basil pesto and four-hour slow cooked béchamel Bolognese and accompany with burrata and heritage tomatoes. You’ll leave with your heart full and your stomach even fuller!
- Humble Grape: For the perfect Valentine’s dinner for wine lovers, visit this waterfront wine bar for a relaxed atmosphere and a range of over 400 artisan wines. Order by the glass or the bottle, and pair with a selection of small plates, charcuterie boards or why not share a larger main such as the Côte de Boeuf with all the trimmings for two.
- Plateau Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Enjoy views over Canary Wharf whilst tucking into a Valentine’s feast. With dishes on offer including slow cooked Iberico pork cheek, Lake District lamb loin wellington and passionfruit and mango baked Alaska, you’re sure to have a memorable dining experience.
- The Ivy in the Park: For a truly special dinner, head to The Ivy in the Park and indulge in their three-course Valentine’s Day set menu. Think truffle arancini, lobster linguine and raspberry heart mille feuille for dessert. There’s even a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rosé Champagne on arrival.
Bars To Sip A Sensual Cocktail At
If you have some time to spare between your activities on Valentine’s Day in London, why not sip a sensual cocktail with your significant other at one of these great bars in Canary Wharf?
- No35 Mackenzie Walk: Choose from classic and contemporary cocktails and enjoy them while surrounded by hand-picked artwork in one of the lounge areas at the lively No35 Mackenzie Walk. 29-35 Mackenzie Walk, Canary Wharf.
- The Alchemist: Head to The Alchemist for an unforgettable cocktail experience in which molecular mixology and bedazzling theatricality are order of the day. These mixologists’ creations must be seen (or sipped) to be believed. Reuters Plaza, Canary Wharf.
- The Cocktail Club: Look no further than The Cocktail Club for first-class cocktails in a sexy setting with a party atmosphere. The cocktails menu is a sight to behold and includes signature drinks such as the Southside Royal with gin, Prosecco, and a spray of absinthe mist. Cabot Square, Canary Wharf.
- The Lowback: Hawksmoor’s most ambitious bar yet, head to this floating bar for sophisticated, expertly crafted cocktails and views of the water. With a nine-metre-long bar, dark green marble floor, polished timber ceiling and velvet booths, the water-level bar is the ideal spot for a glamorous night out.
Take A Romantic Stroll
Taking a romantic stroll is a great date idea in London if you’d prefer to spend quiet quality time with your loved one on Valentine’s Day.
- Explore Crossrail Place Roof Garden: Admire exotic plants and snuggle up on benches on hidden paths in one of London’s largest roof gardens. Crossrail Place Roof Garden, Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf.
- Follow the art trail: Enjoy a leisurely couple of hours following the art trail together. Download the Canary Wharf Art Map and find more than 100 standalone sculptures and integrated architectural works by highly respected artists in a variety of settings around the Estate.