Eating & Drinking
Best Coffee Shops In Canary Wharf
There’s nothing quite like freshly brewed coffee. Whether you prefer a simple espresso or something more elaborate served with a pastry or light meal, you’ll never struggle to find it in Canary Wharf. The Estate has ample coffee spots to choose from, including well-known chains and fantastic independent brands.
Where to Find the Best Canary Wharf Coffee Shops
Use our handy listings to learn more about the best Canary Wharf coffee shops.
- Built from shipping containers, the unique 640East offers ethically sourced speciality grade coffee in a variety of blends and special creations, such as single origin filters and the popular Oatly flat white. You’ll also find other beverages on the menu, such as delicious Mork hot chocolate, sustainable wines, house-made cocktails, and craft beer.
- You can find 640East on Montgomery Square, Canary Wharf.
- They are open from 7.30am until 10pm on Monday and Tuesday, from 7.30am until 11pm Wednesday through Friday, and from 9am until 10pm on Saturday. Closed Sundays.
- Why locals love them: Locals love the edgy industrial atmosphere, comfortable covered seating, the varied and enticing menu of drinks, pastries, and quirky bar snacks.
- Caravan, located in the heart of Canary Wharf, is a popular hub known for its high-quality coffee, global cuisine served throughout the day, and industrial chic decor. The restaurant boasts a vibrant atmosphere, outdoor dining options, and a sun-filled outdoor terrace. Open for all meals, Caravan is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, or any other meal.
- You can find Caravan in Reuters Plaza.
- The opening hours are 7am until 10.30pm Monday through Friday, and 9am until 10.30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Why locals love them: Caravan’s coffee is loved by Canary Wharf residents and throughout London. The baked eggs have established a reputation as the best in London.
- Dishoom is known for its modern take on traditional Indian cuisine and its chic, trendy atmosphere. The menu features a range of dishes inspired by the street food and cafes of Bombay, and is a great spot for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Dishoom are also big on their Chai, with a variety of flavours on the menu and also available to buy and take home. The restaurant has a selection of vegetarian and vegan options, as well as an extensive drinks menu featuring cocktails, wines, and beers. Customers can dine in the main dining area or on the outdoor terrace.
- You can find Dishoom at 13 Water Street.
- The opening hours are 8am until 11pm from Monday to Thursday, 9am until 12am on Saturday, and 9am to 11pm on Sunday.
- Why locals love them: the chai is second to none and Canary Wharf’s Dishoom is also being hailed as the best Indian restaurants in London. Locals love tucking into a breakfast naan roll filled with eggs and sausage whilst sipping a cup of Dishoom’s famous house chai.
Ole & Steen
- Ole & Steen is known for its selection of fresh, artisanal breads and pastries, as well as its sandwiches, soups, and salads. The menu features a range of classic Danish treats, including open-faced sandwiches called smørrebrød, as well as more familiar items such as croissants, cookies, and muffins. Its coffee is certified Speciality Coffee and is ethically sourced. Ole & Steen in Canary Wharf is a casual and relaxed spot that is popular with locals and visitors to the area. The cafe has a modern and minimalist design, with a clean, Scandinavian aesthetic.
- You can find Ole & Steen at Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf.
- The opening hours are 8am until 9pm from Monday through Friday, 8am until 8pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Why locals love them: Ole & Steen is known for using high-quality ingredients and traditional baking techniques to create delicious and flavourful breads and pastries, as well as the modern and minimalist design, with a clean aesthetic.
- At One Canada Square, you will find the SuperNatural counter in the lobby. Here, you can enjoy fresh pressed juices, smoothies, and coffee from the Happiness Blend, which is roasted by hand in Cornwall. A variety of pastries and snacks are also available.
- You can find SuperNatural in One Canada Square.
- The opening hours are 8am until 9pm from Monday to Friday.
- Why locals love them: SuperNatural offers fantastic juices with a real emphasis on flavour. Everything is made fresh and ready to order so you can tailor make your drink to suit your mood.
Black Sheep Coffee
- Black Sheep Coffee sources beans from around the world to produce a range of coffees that are anything but average. Among them are the Robusta Revival from India and the Love Berries blend made from beans sourced in Burundi.
- You can find them at Jubilee Place, and at 8 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf.
- Black Sheep Coffee is open from 6.15am until 6pm Monday through Friday, from 6.30am until 6.30pm on Saturday, and from 7am until 6.30pm on Sunday.
- Why locals love them: “Average” and “boring” are two words that don’t describe Black Sheep Coffee. Apart from packing in flavour, every one of the brand’s coffees has a story to tell – a story that includes provenance and ethical sourcing. No wonder they’re one of the top Canary Wharf coffee shops.
- A popular high street brand, Caffe Nero is a firm favourite. Choose from premium crafted hot and iced coffees, other hot and cold drinks, and a selection of snacks, light meals, breakfasts, cakes, and muffins.
- You can find Caffe Nero at Crossrail Place level -3 and Jubilee Place, Canary Wharf.
- They are open from 6.30am until 6pm Monday through Friday, and from 8.30am until 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Why locals love them: Locals love the welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff, efficient service, and flavourful coffee.
- An independent brand, Joe Blake’s is all about great coffee and delectable, sweet treats. The brand’s coffee is roasted and ground in East London, while the cruffins, doughnuts, croissants, pastel de nata, gluten-free, vegan, and other pastries are baked in Hackney daily.
- You can find Joe Blake’s at Canada Place, Canary Wharf.
- They are open from 7.30am until 6pm Monday through Saturday, and from 10am until 6pm on Sunday.
- Why locals love them: Locals can’t get enough of the delicious coffee, pastel de nata, and the different flavours of the other baked goods.
Notes Coffee Roasters & Bar
- Notes is a collection of coffee shops and bars serving Notes speciality coffee, craft beers, well-chosen wines and classic cocktails, all with a signature Notes twist. They offer delicious seasonally-inspired food throughout the day, to eat in or takeaway.
- You can find Notes at Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf.
- They are open from 8am until 4pm on Mondays, 8am to 9pm Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 9pm Saturdays, and 10am to 6pm on Sundays.
- Why locals love them: Locals love the outdoor seating and ambience, quality of their coffee – make sure you try the cappuccino and flat white – as well as the staff’s friendliness. All of these turned Notes into the go-to café in the area for numerous residents.
There are so many fantastic coffee shops in Canary Wharf. It’s up to you to find your favourite.