Once again the stunning Crossrail Place Roof Garden will be participating in Open Garden Squares Weekend, the London wide event encouraging people to explore London’s urban gardens.
Come and explore the exotic oasis hidden amongst the towering buildings and learn about the garden’s unique architecture and stunning landscape design inspired by Canary Wharf’s maritime heritage. Its location, almost exactly on the Meridian Line, inspired the division of the garden into two geographical zones – see Japanese Maples in the east and New Zealand tree ferns in the west.
To celebrate this special weekend there will be a programme of free events happening throughout the garden. This will include everything from music and children’s workshops to guided tours of the roof garden from Canary Wharf’s Landscape Manager Alec Butcher.
Alongside the activities programme visitors can enjoy an exhibition by artist Debbie Ayles entitled ‘Dynamic City: Reflections in Canary Wharf’. Debbie’s work depicts views of Canary Wharf over a number of years and in different seasons, and is displayed throughout the garden. You might even be lucky enough to meet the artist herself.
- Saturday & Sunday: Children’s Workshops 11am-4pm
- Saturday & Sunday: ‘Meet the artist’ Debbie Ayles 11am-4pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Guided Garden Tour with Landscape Manager Alec Butcher 1.30-2.15pm
- Saturday: Classical harpist performance: Anneke Hodnett 12-3pm
- Saturday: Classical cello duo: Botticelli Duo 12.40-1.25pm
- Saturday: Children’s stories (15 minutres long) 11am-4pm
- Sunday: Pianist performance: Samuel Woolfe 11.30am- 4.30pm
Crossrail Place Roof Garden is free to visit. To buy tickets allowing you access to other London gardens participating in the Open Garden Squares Weekend visit www.opensquares.org
For all the latest news from Canary Wharf follow us: