London Lions Coaching Sessions
London Lions are taking over Canary Wharf’s Bank Street Basketball court, offering players of all ages the chance to sharpen their skills with London’s only pro basketball team in a series of free workshops.
Taking place on Yinka Ilori’s ‘Be The Best You Can Be’ basketball court, the free event will feature workshops for children aged 8-18, adult sessions and the chance to win limited edition basketballs created by Yinka Ilori as part of the ‘Be The Best You Can Be’ court design.
See links below for your free tickets, simply select ‘Get Tickets’ and choose the date and session you wish to book.
- Tuesday 26 September, 4.30-6pm for ages 8-12 years
- Wednesday 27 September, 4.30-6pm for ages 12-14 years
- Wednesday 27 September, 6.30-8pm for age +18 years
- Thursday 28 September, 4.30-6pm for ages 15-16 years
- Thursday 28 September, 6.30-8pm for age +18 years
- Friday 29 September, 4.30-6pm for ages 16-18 years
On Saturday 30 September, join us for an afternoon basketball as we host 3 coaching clinics. Gather a group and head down, take to the court, have some fun and possibly come home as winners.
- Saturday 30 September, 2-3pm: Youth Session, ages 14-18 years
- Saturday 30 September, 3-4pm: Women’s Session
- Saturday 30 September, 4-5pm: Men’s Session
At the end of each session there will be a competition offering participants the chance to win one of the limited edition Yinka Ilori ‘Be The Best You Can Be’ basketballs.
Yinka Ilori at Enter Gallery
We’re delighted to have our Yinka Ilori designed basketball court open again in Canary Wharf. To mark the reopening of our ‘Be The Best You Can Be’ court on Canary Wharf’s Bank Street Park Enter Gallery have created a one off collection that celebrates this beautiful piece of public art. You can view the Yinka Ilori at Enter Gallery collection in Jubilee Place 26 September – 1 October, the collection has been specially curated to reflect the vibrant energy and culture of the basketball court as well as the feelings of optimism and hope that Yinka Ilori’s work is known for. On display alongside Ilori’s artworks will be a selection of rare and limited edition pieces, including works by Caroline Chinakwe, Obey, RYCA, Rebecca Strickson and Benjamin Thomas Taylor.