As Remembrance Sunday approaches join Blue Badge Guide, Rob Williamson, for a series of walks to view, understand and interpret the temporary art installations of our Remembrance Art Trail created by Mark Humphrey.
Commemorating 100 years since the end of World War One with reference to the three armed forces, Mark’s art addresses themes such as endurance, courage, service, sacrifice and loss implicit in those who endanger their lives as soldiers, sailors and air crew. Often using the poppy as a starting point, each work is visually challenging and thought provoking through use of the nuts and bolts of military paraphernalia to focus our minds at this time of remembrance.
Walking Tours dates and times:
- Friday 2 November, 1.30-3pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Sunday 4 November, 11am-12.30pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Sunday 4 November, 1.30-3pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 9 November, 1.30-3pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 10 November, 11am-12.30pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 10 November, 1.30-3pm – FULLY BOOKED
- Sunday 11 November, 11.30am-1pm – FULLY BOOKED
For all the latest news from Canary Wharf follow us: