Thursday 3 November will see more than 2,000 uniformed service personnel, veterans and volunteers hit the Capital for the eleventh annual London Poppy Day. All funds raised will help The Royal British Legion to continue with its much needed work in support of Service personnel, veterans and their families.
Military bands will play at various stations across London, entertaining commuters throughout the day, there are lots of other exciting events happening at Canary Wharf, we hope you can join in and help the Royal British Legion reach its target of raising £1million in a single day!
- The Royal Marines will show their expertise by carrying out a number of abseils down 40 Bank Street, these will take place between 8am and 4pm every 30 minutes
- An impressive Royal Marine ORC (Offshore Raiding Craft) will be stationed on Bank Street where you can also meet serving Royal Marines.
- Honourable Artillery Company Brass Quintet will welcome people from the Jubilee Line in the morning.
- The Band of the Army Air Corps will be in Jubilee Place Mall between 12-2pm entertaining us with some uplifting tunes
- The Royal British Legion ‘Poppy Shop’ will be in position all day at Reuters Plaza.
- Follow the Remembrance Art Trail around Canary Wharf, seven art installations by philanthropic artist Mark Humphrey exploring the nature of sacrifice and service – Clcik here for more information about the Remembrance Art Trail
On Armistice Day, we welcome you to observe the Two Minute Silence at 11am at one of the art installations or in one of the following locations where buglers will be playing the Last Post and Reveille to mark the occasion: Westferry Circus, Cabot Square, Jubilee Park, Canada Square Park, Jubilee Place Mall, Canada Place Mall and Reuters Plaza.
For all the latest news from Canary Wharf follow us: